An ultrasound-guided needle biopsy of the breast will enable you and your doctor
to have your biopsy results in a simple, fast and effective way.
The ultrasound-guided breast biopsy is another up-to-date breast technology procedure
that the Breast Care Center offers. An ultrasound scan detects breast changes by sending
high-frequency sound waves into the breast. The echo patterns from the sound waves
are converted into an image of the breast's interior.
Do you have questions about general breast health? Visit our Health Library for
- It is a safe and simple procedure that causes only mild discomfort
- No external scarring of the breast and no internal scarring that may interfere with
- No lengthy wait for test results; reports are usually available the next business
- No exposure to general anesthesia
- No prolonged recovery period.