Did you know?
- 82% of North Carolina adults get inadequate amounts of physical activity.
- 78% of North Carolina adults report eating less than five servings of fruits and
vegetables per day.
- 22% of North Carolina adults are obese.
- Health problems associated with obesity:
- Heart disease
- Some types of cancer.
- Losing 10% of your body weight significantly reduces your risk of heart disease
Take your first step towards a healthier you by participating in the nutrition and exercise program. The program consists of:
- A comprehensive health risk assessment
- Nutrition education
- Supervised exercise
- Daily menus.
Nutrition and Exercise Program
The Nutrition and Exercise Program can help you develop healthy exercise and nutritional
habits, resulting in permanent weight loss and a decreased risk for heart disease.
- Fundamentals of weight-loss
- Making changes and goal-setting
- Identifying barriers and making a plan
- Psychology of eating
- The Food Guide Pyramid
- Reading food labels
- Serving sizes and portion control
- Healthy snacks
- Grocery store tour
- Stress management.
We monitor your personal wellness profile, before and after the program, and includes:
- Blood pressure
- Blood glucose (diabetes screening)
- Complete cholesterol profile
- Waist and hip measurements
- Health risk assessment.
- Registered Dietician:
- Nutrition analysis
- Meal planning
- Follow-up visits, if necessary.
- Exercise Specialist:
- Review personal wellness profile
- Set weight-loss goals
- Formulate exercise prescription.