Please call us for more information or questions about ultrasound.
Ultrasonography, which is sometimes called sonography
or an ultrasound
, uses high-frequency sound
waves and a computer to create images of blood vessels, tissues and organs.
Ultrasounds are used to view internal organs as they function and to assess blood
blow through various vessels. Ultrasound procedures are used to examine many
parts of the body such as the abdomen, breasts, female pelvis, scrotum, thyroid and the vascular system.
Upper Abdomen, Pancreas, Liver and Gallbladder Scan Preparation
Preparation instructions for ultrasound of upper abdomen, pancreas, liver and
- On the evening before your test, eat a light meal early.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight.
- Water can be taken if no other tests are scheduled.
Pelvis/OB Scan Preparation
Preparation instructions for ultrasound of pelvis/OB:
- You must have a full bladder.
- Drink 40 ounces of liquid before arrival.
- Do not empty your bladder. Keep your bladder as full as you can tolerate until the
exam is completed.