Mammography screening is the best method for finding breast cancer in its early
stages, when cure rates are highest.
Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center has new digital capabilities enabling the radiologist
to adjust the brightness, contrast and magnification of the images, reducing the
need for film retakes.
Our digital technology also expedites image transmission across the hospital network,
which translates into increased physician communication and shorter wait times.
Digital mammography may be more accurate in screening women:
- Under age 50
- Of any age with very dense or extremely dense breast tissue
- Pre- or perimenopausal women of any age.
Screening mammograms are for women who do not have significant symptoms, such as
a lump or a black or bloody nipple discharge. Women with these symptoms should have
a diagnostic mammogram test that must be scheduled by a physician.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time to allow time to for you to register.
- Do not wear powder or deodorant to your appointment.
- Bring your insurance information.