Call to make your appointment for a CT scan.
, or CT scan, can obtain multiple x-ray images of any part
of the body. Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center has two CT scanners available.
Thomasville Medical Center is continuously investing in technological advancements
to better serve its patients; for example, we now have a 64-slice CT system
Benefits of a 64-slice CT Scanner
With this technology, the patient will benefit from:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Shorter breath holds
- Increased comfort
- Lower doses of radiation.
Types of CT Scans
- Abdomen and pelvis
- Extremities (legs, hands, arms, feet)
- Head (brain, face, ears, eyes, etc.)
- Neck and chest
- You may take your usual medications with water.
- If you require contrast, do not eat anything for at least four hours prior to your
- If you are scheduled for a CT scan of your abdomen and/or pelvis, arrive
an hour-and-a-half before your test time for preparation.
If you have any questions about a procedure, call the Radiology Department