At Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center, we provide surgical treatment of sport- and fitness-related
injuries to get patients back to the activities they enjoy most.
In many cases, sports injuries can be managed through rehabilitative therapies at
the Thomasville Medical Center Rehabilitation Medicine Center. Our sports medicine
program is maintained by physical therapists who specialize in musculoskeletal exercise
and sports-related conditions and are trained to help patients regain their strength
and achieve their highest level of functionality.
However, if an injury requires surgical treatment, you can count on the orthopedic
experts at Thomasville Medical Center to care for you with the same advanced techniques
used to treat professional athletes. This includes minimally-invasive arthroscopy
and laser surgery on an outpatient basis to help accelerate your recovery.
If necessary, we provide case managers to help coordinate post-operative care, including
Our orthopedic surgeons work closely with a variety of other clinical professionals to specifically address a patient's individual needs. Recreational and professional
athletes can both expect to receive the same expert care at Thomasville Medical
Center to help them get back to their games as soon as possible.
We treat multiple sports-related conditions, including:
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries
- Arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Baker's cyst
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Cartilage injuries (meniscus cartilage)
- Chronic wrist pain
- Clavicle and scapula problems
- Joint instability or swelling
- Ligament sprains or strains
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Overuse injuries
- Patella-femoral malalignments
- Rotator cuff problems, including tendonitis and tears
- Shoulder and back problems
- Tennis elbow.