The Novant Health Sexual Assault Program at Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center's
Emergency Department treats the majority of the sexual assault victims in Davidson
The Novant Health Sexual Assault Program provides a timely, compassionate response to sexual assault
victims through the use of specially-trained forensic nurses utilizing highly-technical
equipment and skills.
The program was initiated by Thomasville Medical Center and the Davidson County
Family Services and actively collaborates with the Davidson County District Attorney,
the Davidson County Sheriff's Department, and the Thomasville, Lexington and Denton Police Departments.
Who Does the Program Serve?
The program serves sexual assault victims with the following criteria:
- Female and male victims, ages 14 and over
- Victims who were assaulted within the last 72 hours
- Victims who reported to or are willing to report to law enforcement.
Novant Health Sexual Assault Program Services Offered at Thomasville Medical Center
- Medical screening in the Emergency Department
- Private setting in the hospital for evidence collection
- Forensic evidence gathered by certified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners
- Support for victim and family by trained advocates
- Follow-up counseling services: crisis intervention, support groups, counseling for
individuals, couples or families
- Criminal justice support and advocacy
- Follow-up healthcare referrals.
For additional information on the sexual assault program, contact the coordinator at 336-474-3477.
You may also call the 24-hour crisis line at Davidson County 24-Hour Domestic Violence
and Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 336-243-1934.